Approx cost: €4.00
Approx calories (per serving): 600
Approx preparation and cooking time: 25 mins
If you have any left-over roast beef from a Sunday roast this is a great salad to make. The peppery rocket goes so well with the beef and you have the crunch of the croutons on top. The smooth avocado flavour and the pasta underneath ensure that the meal is a bit more filling, and so suitable for a dinner instead of being simply a light lunch.
- Roast beef
- 2 handfuls of Rocket
- 200g Pasta (penne, farfalle or similar small piece pasta)
- 1 small pot natural yoghurt
- 0.1 litres Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 or 4 tsp Mayonnaise
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 avocado pears
- 1 small onion
- Start off by boiling a pan of water in which to cook the pasta. You can add in a splash of oil and some salt for flavour and to prevent the pasta from sticking together while boiling.
- Meanwhile, cut the two slices of bread into large chunks. Place in to a bowl and add in two of the garlic cloves, crushed. Pour in most of the oil, leaving a small amount for later, and add some salt and pepper. Mix the bread and oil well with your hands and turn onto a baking tray. Bake around 150 degrees Celsius for around 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown.
- Once the pasta has cooked, and cooled, split between two bowls or plates and add a handful of rocket on top of each. Slice your roast beef into thick strips and place on top, and then cut the avocado into slices and chuck on top too. Slice some onion really finely and place on top, along with some croutons and finally, mix the pot of yoghurt with the mayonnaise, the remaining splash of oil, some salt, pepper and the remaining two cloves of garlic, crushed, and mix well. Drizzle over the salad and serve.